Owning our understanding


This week we completed four entries in our reflection log about interactions. In planning this experience, we created a rubric to guide our performance.  We started out with three columns aligned with the levels of understanding that we use in our classroom. Red means "I tried but I'm confused", yellow means "I understand but I am not sure", and green means "I get it, I'm ready to go!" 
As we reflected about our entries in conference with Ms Montilla, some of us noticed that we went beyond "green" - this meant for example that we enhanced our performance by explaining the interaction on top of clearly describing it. Others found the same to be true in the other aspects and so we added the next level of understanding which we call, 'blazing orange". 
Our shared purpose is learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment